Tuesday, January 26, 2010

JOMC 101 Post 1

Hello! My name is Brittany Kirby. I am sophomore from Morganton, North Carolina by way of Boulder, Colorado. At first I wanted to be a high school math teacher. Then I took a math class at Carolina and I changed my mind really fast. So after being undecided for a while, I have decided to double major in Journalism with a concentration in Advertisement, and Communications with a concentration in Media Production. By taking JOMC 101 I hope to explore the world of mass communication and in the end, feel more comfortable about my majors. I know I am not the only sophomore who feels like they are scrambling to find a major because college is going by so fast and I still don't have any idea what I want to do when I am all grown up. So now I am supposed to write a few lines about how media has influenced my life. Well, I could go on for days. I thought I didn’t watch t.v. that much, until somebody asked me my favorite shows. I have the t.v. guide in my head. I have to watch For the Love of Ray J on Mondays and Bad Girls club on Tuesdays and I cant forget The Bachelor and American Idol, I love that show, and those are just the reality shows. The hospital dramas, House and Grey’s Anatomy, keep me glued to the television. And I also hate to miss the cooking dramas as well. I probably know almost every commercial that comes on and those really good ones (the Family Guy commercial for example), I say them with the t.v. Yes it is that bad. Getting into radio and magazines will be another day. So, to say the least, media impacts me immeasurably and I only recently figured that out.

1 comment: