Tuesday, February 9, 2010

JOMC 101 Post 2

Hello Bloggers!!
Long time no talk...so I guess I have to fill you in. We have gone over a lot of information in Introduction to the World of Mass Media. We have had two wonderful guest speakers, and have a midterm coming up. I would like to discuss briefly our first guest speaker, Professor Brett Chambers. He is a professor at North Carolina Central University. He was a very captive speaker. One of the first things he said that got my attention was that he was a producer. He comes up with ideas and makes them happen. I can see myself in that position. In his lecture, Professor Chambers taught me the process of becoming an active participant instead of a passive consumer. He explained that consumers are conditioned everyday, and it is important that they see this. He touched on the purpose of gatekeepers and their role in the transfer of information, and he left us with the idea that "Content is King." Overall it was a very informative lecture and I would love to hear him speak again. He commands the audience's attention and keeps them locked in by his comical demeanor. If you happen to hear the name, you should definitely check him out!

No comments:

Post a Comment