Wednesday, February 24, 2010

JOMC Post 3

I'm back at this blog thing once again. This time, I have come to share MY FAVORITE MOVIE and all the info about it. My favorite movies is one that I was obsessed with from the time it came out in 2001 until I graduated high school in 2008. That is a long time, but I absolutely love it. I had posters, stuffed animals, plastic figurines, cups and plates, even chocolate flavored tooth paste (which I had to use one time because we ran out...IT WAS SO GROSS!!). So, drum roll.....SHREK tops my favorite movie list. It is about an Ogre, Shrek, played by Michael Myers, who wants his swamp back. An obnoxious king has banned all the magical creatures from the kingdom and they find refuge at Shrek's swamp. In order to get the swamp back, Shrek must take an incredible journey, which many have failed, to rescue Princess Fiona, played by Cameron Diaz, from the highest room of the tallest tower guarded by a fire breathing dragon. The King, Lord Farquaad, played by John Lithgow, wishes to marry her. Joining Shrek on the expedition is DONKEY, played by Eddie Muphey. Donkey is very annoying, and the two bump heads on everything, keeping the audience in laughter. Shrek rescues the princess and attempts to take her to Lord Farquaad for her wedding. Before their arrival, it is apparent that Shrek likes Fiona, and that Fiona is keeping a secret. You have to see the movie to learn the rest. I don't like giving away the end. If you haven't seen this wonderful animation, you are missing out!

Cost of Production: $60,000
Box Office Sales: $267,652,016
VHS/DVD Rentals: N/A
Trivia: The song at Shrek and Fiona's reception, "I'm a Believer", was chosen specifically because of the line, "I thought love was only true in fairy tales."

No comments:

Post a Comment